Friday, November 18, 2011

Quiet time

Quiet time usually equals trouble.


But quiet time can often be oh-so-sweet. 

I find myself searching for little activities and outings to do with the boys. The other day, I had this ingenious idea to take them to the library. I thought, my kids love books! Why not make a fun afternoon out of it? 

Well, that was a horrible idea. I couldn't help but laugh at the circus I was pushing around in a double stroller as others quietly read, studied, and stared. 

Kai would yell with excitement as he turned the pages of Thomas The Train books. Cal cried for a nap, a bottle, and to get out of the library. I handed out grapes, drinks, and suckers to promote reverence in a library with a "no food" policy. Oops. I then headed for the parenting section in hopes of finding the book "Parenting For Dummies."

I am thankful for the quiet moments I find them reading books together. 
It makes wild adventures, like going to the library, totally worth it.



1 comment:

miri said...

They are so adorable! I just love them!