Sunday.
I wake up thinking that this week will be better.
This week, we will be able to stay through all our meetings.
Kai will let us leave him in nursery.
Cal will magically fall asleep in my arms during Sacrament meeting.
The bag of tricks and treats I bring will keep them quietly occupied.
I will be able to listen.
Dal will be able to sit next to me, and not out in the hall.
This week, the man in front of us won't glare at me, making me question my mothering skills.
I won't leave church feeling like a complete failure because my kids don't think reverence is cool.
But no.
This week it didn't happen, last week it sure didn't happen, and the week before, yeah right!
Instead the hubs gets a new calling, and I get two.
It is easier to stay home.
They get their naps, don't have to share nursery toys and germs, sit still, or be quiet.
But no.
I still continue to hope.
I know it is just a phase.
We will continue to drag our little boys to church every. single. week.
Because next week will be better...
5 comments:
If it makes you feel better taycee wont let us leave her in nursery either. In fact she despises. But every week I have hope that it will be better too :)
Cec, thank you for the sweet comment. I just went to church yesterday for the first time since I had Lucas and it was horrible! That is so neat that you got to stay with Graham. What an awesome experience. I love how you have been updated your blog a lot. Keep it up! I like reading it.
AMEN.
They do grow up and don't need you so much. They won't remember anything about this time, and you might not remember why you go, but when they get older, they will know that you just go to church on Sunday. They will start to make friends and they will move on to Sunbeams and the first Primary Program that your kids are in will be the sweetest thing ever. It's a marathon, and this is just a wall to push past. :)
I love this...so the story of our life too.
We love you guys so much--It makes me SICK. SICK! --That we don't hang out. It hurts something fierce...seriously.
Well I just have to live vicariously through your blog...which we love as well! ; )
Love you!
Post a Comment