Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday haircuts

DSC_8196
Pre-haircut madness.
DSC_8230

I have practically refused to cut the boys hair for a very long time, hoping that they could effortlessly pull off the long shag like little gap models. They are the cutest boys in town, but they were starting to look somewhat homeless. You would think that after giving haircuts to hundreds of little boys, that cutting my boys hair would be so simple. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. 

Well, the shag had gone far enough. It didn't lay like little gap model hair. It was time. I got my game face on, gave myself a pep talk, and took a deep breath. There was no turning back. After 50 packs of hairy fruit snacks, screaming, tears, and Dal holding their heads with all his might, our boys now look like they have signed up for the army. (Please don't call Child Protective Services on us.) I was going as short as possible, because it was going to be a very, very long time before I get up the strength to do it again. 

Good thing they are so cute.  I now know it is possible to love short haired little boys even more than I had loved the homeless-shag babies. Very thankful we survived this years holiday haircuts. 

I will post pictures after they get out of therapy from post-haircut-trauma. Bring on the holidays!

1 comment:

miri said...

Ha ha...I've heard stories of little one's haircuts. My sister in law finally decided that it is worth having someone else do it. Her little boy reacted in a similar manner to her cutting his hair, but he's just fine when they take him to get it cut. : )
Your boys are adorable as always! Happy holidays!