Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sidewalk Chalk

sidewalk chalk

Kai and I have been taking our creativity outside to the sidewalk. I have been trying to make it a priority to have a different activity for us to do together everyday, and this one was a hit! (Good thing the chalk is washable.) I love to see him get excited about the cute lines and scribbles he draws. 

chalk2


Kai is very routine oriented, so whenever I am introducing something new to him I have to remember that he doesn't think that you can do it any other way than the way I have shown him.  So now he thinks that when we do sidewalk chalk I should be sitting on the ground in a certain spot while he colors around me. If I stop drawing, or stand up, he will start crying because he thinks we are going inside. Hopefully he doesn't notice that the rain washed away our lovely artwork.  And yes, many of these activities happen in our p.j's. :)


What activities do you like to do with your kids?

1 comment:

Olavesons said...

Ha ha! Kai is so cute! I can't believe how big he's getting. You are quite the photographer, too! We miss you guys and hope to see you soon. Let us know when your passing through. You'll have to stop in and visit!