Though we were really hoping to avoid it, after many ear infections, we followed the Doctor's advice to have tubes put in Kai's ears. We are really hoping this helps him to feel better. Bright and early at 6:15 this morning, we checked into the hospital and began our wait. The fact that Kai wasn't supposed to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before made our hour and a half wait seem more like three. At 8:00, they took Kai in for surgery. The surgery was quick (only about 15 minutes), but he wasn't too happy when he woke up. He needed his dad and was ready to go home. After a big nap in his own bed, he was acting like himself by noon. I think that the new toys his grandma's brought over for him made the whole experience worth it!

5 comments:
CEC! He seriously is so cute! Even in the hospital gown! I can't believe how big he is getting. How exciting!
I agree, he is SO cute in a hospital gown! I'm glad things went well!
It's amazing it only took 15 minutes. :)
I feel so blessed to live where medical help for our children is so available.
I'm glad he bounced back so quickly.
I was thinking of you guys last thursday! I'm so glad it went well. Hopefully it will help his little ears...way to be brave Kai! We missed you for shrimp taco tuesday this week!
So glad all went well. I don't know if I could have handled that. Sounds like the tonsils (don't know how to spell, sorry) are a problem. Too many things your are having to learn! lm
Post a Comment