
I want to remember the little moments I get to experience with my kids every day.
I want to be able to show and tell them details about the things that they liked growing up, and share memories of the things we did together.
This year I have made it a goal to really be in the moment, and to be there for my husband and kids. There are little moments that I am constantly passing over because my mind is focused on my daily task list, or I am occupied with something else.
Today I was reminded of my resolution during bath time. We have such a busy weekend ahead, and I was banking on getting ready while the boys took a bath in my tub. But as the little darlings kept calling for my attention, I remembered that these little moments deserve more of my attention than my hair does.
Luckily my camera was close by to capture their funny little personalities today.

My favorite photo of the year so far! Thumbs up!

What makes for a good bath time?
Luckily my camera was close by to capture their funny little personalities today.

My favorite photo of the year so far! Thumbs up!

What makes for a good bath time?
-Mom's tub.
-Cups, lots of cups.
-Bubbles.
-Kai picking out which towel he will use, and which towel Cal gets.
-Not washing their hair.
-Refilling the tub at least twice.
-Turning any toy into a speed boat racing across the water.
-At least one crying to get out, because the other dumped water on their head.
-Having mom sit on the edge of the tub with her legs in.
-Turbo dry before we put their clothes on.

My window to get ready passed, my wet hair didn't get dried, my makeup isn't on, and I am still in my pj's.

My window to get ready passed, my wet hair didn't get dried, my makeup isn't on, and I am still in my pj's.
It doesn't matter what small or big thing they are doing, they love having my full attention. I want to be more present and focused, because time isn't standing still.

And there is nothing that smells better than a clean baby.

And there is nothing that smells better than a clean baby.
4 comments:
Cecily your little boys are ADORABLE!
Cecily, these photos are AMAZING!! Such cute boys. Are you loving your new lens? Doesn't it make such a big huge difference??
Yay!
Cec, I Love this post! Camille is right, your pictures are amazing! I love that one of Kai giving a thumbs up. Your boys are so cute!
I love this post Cecily! I love your goal to be more present. I want to do the same. This post is inspiring, and yes—beautiful photos!
Post a Comment